Cheshire & Merseyside Social Work Teaching Partnership (CMSWTP) comprises 15 Primary Partners and 1 Secondary Partner. Primary Partners include: 4 Higher Education Institutions, 8 Local Authorities, 2 NHS Trusts and 1 voluntary sector organisation. Secondary Partners comprises of 1 NHS Trust covering Liverpool City Region, West Lancashire, Warrington, Cheshire West and Chester.
The aims of the partnership are:
- Effective management of the membership and administration of the partnership, including maintaining agility to respond to local, regional and national initiatives.
- Further enhance the training, development and utilisation of Practice Educators in order to build and sustain sufficient quality placements.
- Further enhance ASYE support and development in order to ensure quality and consistency of approach across the region taking into account of additional demands brought about by Covid.
- Nurture the co-production of knowledge between practitioners and academics across the Social Work landscape, to influence change at practice and systems level.
- Provide access to Post-Qualifying Social Work training and development, based on shared partner priorities.
- Ensure a commitment that all Students on Social Work Programmes receive a timely and high quality placement in their preferred area of learning and receive appropriate support, directed to help them achieve the learning outcomes.
- Widening participation and engagement across all aspects of pre- and post- qualifying education, training and practice.