Cheshire & Merseyside Social Work Teaching Partnership (CMSWTP) comprises 15 Primary Partners. Primary Partners include: 4 Higher Education Institutions, 8 Local Authorities, 2 NHS Trusts and 1 voluntary sector organisation covering Liverpool City Region, West Lancashire, Warrington, Cheshire West and Chester.
The aims of the partnership are:
- Effective management and organisation of the partnership and related activity including administration, to ensure we maintain agility to respond to local, regional, and national initiatives.
- Review and enhance the training, development, and utilisation of Practice Educators to build and sustain sufficient quality placements.
- Ensure a commitment that all Students on Social Work Programmes receive a timely and high-quality placement in their preferred area of learning, and receive appropriate support, directed to help them achieve the learning outcomes.
- Widening participation and engagement across all aspects of pre- and post- qualifying education, training, and practice.
- Review and enhance ASYE support and development to ensure quality and consistency of approach across the region taking account of additional demands brought about by COVID.
- Nurture the co-production of knowledge between People with Lived Experience, practitioners, and academics across the Social Work landscape, to influence change at practice and systems level.
- Provide access to Post- Qualifying Social Work training and development, based on shared partner priorities.
- Promote and support a strategic approach to Social Work recruitment and retention from pre-qualifying education through to post qualifying practice and development.