Cheshire & Merseyside Social Work Teaching Partnership (CMSWTP) comprises four Higher Education Institutions, eight Local Authorities, three NHS Trusts and a voluntary sector organisation covering Liverpool City Region, West Lancashire, Warrington, Cheshire West and Chester.
The aims of the partnership are:
- To provide well-designed, challenging and sustainable social work education at initial and post-qualifying levels, seeking wherever possible to expand, integrate and enhance provision leading to improved recruitment, retention and development of social workers and the overall quality of practice.
- Increase research awareness and to develop research in practice through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and a strategic drive to improve research capacity and capability.
- To recruit the highest calibre entrants, ensuring we respond to workforce planning needs of employers, who will be retained in the profession as resilient and highly effective social workers.
- Create an interagency derived curriculum including a new approach to statutory placement provision.
- Develop a sustainable learning culture across the partnership.