Each One, Teach One
Black Lives Matter
Aims: To bring about systematic change we will….
- Name ‘racism’ wherever we see it
- Listen, hear and include all People with Lived Experience
- Take responsibility
- Work collaboratively
- Challenge appropriately
- Be open to learning
Ensure all feel included
- Take responsibility as individuals, groups and communities to educate self and others on what Black Lives Matter means (current and historical).
- Inspire and recruit like-minded individuals to engage with this group.
- Develop a knowledge base of the needs of the black and minority ethnic communities (including communities within our partnership – Students, Practice Educators, ASYE’s, Social Workers, Managers, People with Lived Experience and Academics) to learn and share across our partnership.
- Create an environment where we encourage people to become champions from within and beyond the black and minority ethnic community.
- Commit to creating safe spaces for black and minority ethnic students and Social Workers to engage in dialogue.
- Through engaging with communities encourage people to enter the Social Work profession
- Widening participation and engagement across all aspects of pre and post qualifying education, training and practice.