St Helens Council
student placement opportunities
St Helens is a strong, resilient Council that respects and values the individuality and diversity that every employee brings to the Council. This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Adults within the Borough and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. There are placement opportunities in teams with expertise in the following areas;
- Duty; initial Child and Family Assessments, safeguarding, early help, longer term interventions and Crisis Resolution Home Treatment
- Assessment; pre-birth assessments and parenting assessments, Children in Need, Child Protection, Public Law Outline, Looked After Children including long term Residential Care or Foster Care
- Fostering; recruitment, support and training of Foster Carers
- Permanence; Looked After Children, Care Leavers, Special Guardianship Orders and Adoption
- Children With Disabilities; eligibility criteria, statutory support, child protection and Looked After Children, support for siblings of children, partnership working with parents and multi-disciplinary services.
- Contact Care, Integrated Hospital Discharge; Assessments for both St Helens and Halton Borough Councils, admissions, multi-disciplinary working and decision making processes, discharge planning and signposting to appropriate community support/placements.
- Later Life, Disability, Mental Health, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards & Review; physical and sensory disabilities, mental health issues, dementia and age related support needs, social care assessments, Mental Capacity Act 2005, assessing capacity and making Best Interest Decisions, Carer Assessments and Safeguarding Adults investigations.